This downloadable PDF file contains a collection of six cable knit hat patterns that will allow you to practice your cable knitting skills, while quickly creating the ultimate winter accessory – the knit beanie!
These patterns all call for the same yarn weight and needle sizes so that you don’t have to worry about collecting materials and can focus on practicing the art of cable knitting!
Each hat is knit in the round (from the bottom up) on circular knitting needles, switching to double pointed needles when necessary during the decreasing of stitches for shaping the top.
Once purchased, you will receive a link to download the ebook, after which you may print it or save on your computer or mobile device.
SIZE: Adult only (head circumference of 22 inches).
To make the hats in this book, you will need some experience with:
• Basic knitting stitches (knit and purl) as well as slightly more advanced stitches (i.e. knitting through the back loop and knitting two stitches together decrease).
• Knitting in the round.
• Knitting cabled stitches with a cable hook (also called cable needle or cable stitch holder).
• Each hat requires approximately 1.25 skeins (140 yards) of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed Worsted Weight Yarn. Colours in photos are (Down Heather and North Pole Heather).
• Size 4 (3.5 mm) 16” circular knitting needles.
• Size 8 (5 mm) 16” circular knitting needles.
• Size 8 (5 mm) double pointed knitting needles.
• Cable Needle.
• Stitch markers.
• Yarn needle for weaving in ends.
• Pompoms and buttons (optional).
Patterns are written in English, using US crochet terminology.