With the most wonderful time of the year quickly approaching, I though I’d come up with a quick and fun holiday inspired dish towel pattern for you!
These festive dish towels are not only a ton of fun to make, they are also the perfect hostess or secret santa gift. You can even work up a few to add a pop of holiday cheer to your own kitchen!
I have written out and posted the free pattern below on this page.
You may also purchase the ad-free instant download PDF file for easy printing and reading. Purchasing the PDF file helps to support this website and allows me to continue to share my patterns and inspiration with you. Should you have any issues with the download, please email: email@example.com for assistance. The pattern can also be purchased through my Ravelry store.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I use all of the products listed on this page and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything I have recommended!
Festive Dish Towels Crochet Pattern
Here is what you will need to make one dish towel:
- Size F-5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook.
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK (100% Cotton) Yarn:
- 1 Skein Main Color.
- 1/3 Skein Secondary Color.
- Yarn Needle.
Each towel measures 10” wide X 12” long.
5 stitches X 4.5 Rows = 1” in single crochet.
SC: Single Crochet
Notes Before you Start:
These dishtowels are created using the tapestry crochet technique.
Video Tutorial: How to Crochet with Two Colors – Reversible Tapestry Crochet
When reading the pattern grid, note that the odd numbered rows are the right side, and the even numbered rows are the wrong side.
- It’s a good idea to print the grid and highlight the rows as they are completed.
- Right side rows are to be read right to left
- Wrong side rows are to be read left to right
- All rows are worked with both strands of yarn to keep the gauge and tension consistent. It is best to crochet tightly to avoid the second color being seen through the stitches.
- When working a right side row, hold secondary yarn color to the back of your work.
- When working a wrong side row, hold secondary yarn color to the front of your work.
- Crochet over the second yarn (yarn not in use) when working each SC to avoid floats and make dish towels reversible.
With Main Color, CH 52 (51 plus 1 for turning chain). Work all stitches in single crochet (plus one turning chain at the end of each row). Follow color chart below starting at bottom right for row 1. Each cell represents one SC and each row represents one row of crochet.
Fasten off and weave in the ends!
I hope you enjoyed this free pattern and I am so grateful for your support! Don’t forget that you can purchase the ad-free PDF file. Purchasing the PDF file helps support this website and allows me to continue to share my patterns and inspiration with you guys!
Should you have any issues with the download, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Purchase the PDF file (which will be emailed to you automatically after purchase) for $5 USD by clicking the button below or through Ravelry.